Riot Games to open Sydney office

Riot Games, creators of ever-popular game League of Legends have announced they are opening an office for the Oceania region in Sydney.

On top of this, they have announced the office is for their marketing, esports and community teams - with more announcements to come.

Hopefully this means localised servers for the Oceania region.

By Tom Robinson

Comments

To participate, please Log in with Facebook
Marge
Marge K:24855 28/02/2013
Yay! =D Go sydney!
Atar
Atar K:62517 28/02/2013
spins around
Doles
Doles K:37414 01/03/2013
A family member of mine works for Riot, I wonder if this means he'll be moving back home
iamtom
iamtom K:47142 02/03/2013

Doles said: A family member of mine works for Riot, I wonder if this means he'll be moving back home



YOU'RE RELATED TO HOHUMS?!
JJake
JJake K:4996 02/03/2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees please give us an Oceanic server!
Doles
Doles K:37414 02/03/2013

iamtom said:

Doles said: A family member of mine works for Riot, I wonder if this means he'll be moving back home


YOU'RE RELATED TO HOHUMS?!


yep :) I know him as Joel though
iamtom
iamtom K:47142 02/03/2013

Doles said:

iamtom said:

Doles said: A family member of mine works for Riot, I wonder if this means he'll be moving back home


YOU'RE RELATED TO HOHUMS?!


yep I know him as Joel though



Shit dude, he's a legend in the community. One of the original Rioters, the only Aussie at the HQ, and general insightful guy about how LoL runs (because he wrote it).
Doles
Doles K:37414 02/03/2013
Yeah man, I tried to get in touch with him on behalf of MyMedia several times prior to the release of LoL for an interview, but RIOT never got back to me.
Whenever I went to his house, he always had some part of a game he was putting together to show me. First person shooters like Doom mainly from memory.
He was very geeky and anti-social :P but extremely good at what he does because of it

Comment

To participate, please Log in with Facebook